At Battlefield Dental of Fredericksburg, we accept all PPO insurance plans.
We currently participate with and are in-network with the following PPO plans. (If your PPO plan is not listed below, we still accept your insurance policy and would be glad to help determine your estimated coverage.) Please read this section in it’s entirety for more information about your insurance coverage.
- Anthem – Grid + and Key Advantage
- Cigna – Radius and DPPO
- Delta – Premier and PPO Plus Premier
- United Concordia
- United Healthcare
It is important to contact your insurance company directly to verify your coverage status.
In order for us to provide the best customer service we can in helping you navigate the often confusing world of insurance coverage, WE NEED YOUR HELP.
We will do the best we can to assist you in understanding your estimated policy coverage and in filing your claims. Despite our best efforts, it is still the policy holder’s responsibility to check with the insurance company concerning participation and coverage information prior to treatment. Some policy details may not be conveyed to us by your insurance company on coverage breakdowns forms so estimates provided are strictly estimates based on information provided to us by your insurance. Pre-authorizations are recommended to gain a better estimates directly from your insurance company and please always provide us with the most updated insurance coverage information you have. Especially for new patients, please provide us with the insurance information as soon as possible so we can obtain insurance breakdown information prior to your arrival. This allows us to be much more efficient with your time while in the office so we may avoid delays in treatment while waiting for your insurance to respond to our request for breakdown information.
Some important policy information to verify with your insurance company (which may not be conveyed to us by your insurance company) may include:
- Waiting periods -Certain procedures may not be covered for a certain time period if the policy is new
- Procedural downgrades - Coverage for tooth colored fillings may be downgraded to cover only mercury containing amalgam fillings etc.
- Age limitations - Fluoride treatment only covered to certain age etc
- Frequency limitation - Cleanings (2X per calendar year or 2 within 12 month period), xrays, exams per year, Fluoride treatment, replacements etc.
- Claims in process - Claims not yet posted by your insurance that can affect remaining benefit for the year
- Maximum benefit for the year - Only have certain amount of benefit a year before nothing is covered until reset
- Yearly benefit renewal time -Date the yearly max benefit resets and is good to know to help timing of care
- Yearly Deductible - and procedures it applies to (Copay the insurance requires yearly before regular coverage)
We can not stress enough the importance of your help in aiding us with verifying your insurance coverage information. The insurance landscape is changing quickly and is getting more complicated by the minute. Unfortunately no providers have a dedicated link to any insurance companies that will always allow us to access guaranteed 100% accurate real-time coverage and pre-authorization capabilities.